News The latest news and stories from Wiltshire Health and Care
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Visiting someone in a community hospital ward
If you are planning to visit a relative or friend on an inpatient ward at one of our community hospitals, please be aware of the current guidance of essential visiting:
- There must be only 1 designated visitor for each patient
- Each visitor is to visit for a maximum of 1 hour per day
- Designated visitors must be over the age of 18 years old.
You will be asked the following questions prior to visiting:
- Have you been tested as positive with Coronavirus and isolated for a maximum of 14 days?
- you currently presenting with one or more of the COVID19 symptoms – fever, cough or flu like symptoms?
- Have you presented with one of the above symptoms whilst visiting the ward? If yes – you will be asked to leave immediately.
- Have you had COVID 19 symptoms recently and not isolated for the 7 days recommendation from onset of symptoms?
- Have you assessed yourself to be immuno-compromised?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the above questions, then you are NOT permitted on to the wards.
All visitors will be shown the location of the hand washing facilities/hand gel at the entrance to the ward and directed to the handwashing instructions/hand gel guidelines.
Hand washing/hand gel is to be used on exiting the ward.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support.