There are a variety of means to travel in a wheelchair in Wiltshire; by own transport, public transport, wheelchair accessible taxi’s or through charity provision. Please ensure prior to booking any of the above that the vehicle is compatible to take your wheelchair's weight and has the suitable tie down systems and passenger seat belt. See the links below for more information.
- Age Uk -Disabled person's railcard and disabled person's bus pass information can be found here
- Wiltshire Council Bus Information can be found here
- Connect2 Wiltshire buses and taxis information that operate during weekdays can be found here
- Wheelchair accessible taxis information for Wiltshire can be found here
- Salibsbury Taxi Fleet information can be found here
- Information on Devizes Taxis who provide Disabled Friendly Taxis can be found here
- Information on Starline Taxis: Frome, Warminster, Westbury can be found here
- For taxi hire services, call 24/7 Swindon Taxis (247swindontaxis.co.uk) Please note: 24/7 can transport most electric wheelchairs but some are too large or heavy to be feasible.
- Community First | Wiltshire Link & Community Transport
- Community First | Wiltshire Link & Community Transport Directory
Purchase your own car