We want to support you and help you achieve the best diabetes control possible. There are a few key things you can do to help us do that.
- Prior to the appointment, think about what you would like to get out of the consultation and prepare a list of questions. For instance would you like up-to-date information on how to treat hypoglycaemia or how to manage exercise?
- Know your numbers. If you do not know what your treatment targets are for blood pressure, cholesterol or glucose please ask.
- It is helpful to us if you are regularly checking your glucose levels. If you prick your finger please test at random times on a regular basis (either before breakfast, before lunch, before evening meal or before bed). If you use FreeStyle Libre or DEXCOM please check at least 8 times a day. Without that information, it is hard for us to know what plan could work best for you
- Take you medication at the correct times and in the prescribed quantities
- Upload your blood glucose levels from your meter to glooko (Diasend) or keep an accurate record of your blood glucose readings.
Without sufficient glucose data your consultation may be postponed and rescheduled to obtain the information required for the appointment.